WANT TO BECOME A WATERSHED CHAMPION?
As a member you will:
- Act as a local champion for your watershed
- Make connections with environmental professionals and organizations
- Participate in projects that protect, regenerate and celebrate your watersheds
- Attend seminars, technical training sessions and other educational programs
- Assist with implementation of Watershed Plans
- Share knowledge, experience and skills on environmental topics
- Assist with habitat regeneration, heritage conservation, urban agriculture, business sustainability, recreation, and education projects
- Work with communities to build capacity to deliver programs
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
On January 30th 2013 at 7:30pm TRCA hosted a live webinar that provided information on how you can help protect, regenerate, and celebrate your watershed as a Watershed Champion.
The webinar included an overview of the application, a review of the timelines associated with the interview process, as well as provided an opportunity for participants to ask questions relating to the Watershed Committees in general.
Missed the opportunity to participate in the webinar?
Want to view the webinar again?
Please click the link below.
In Addition to the replay of the webinar, you can also download the presentation slides by following this link.
HOW DO I APPLY?
The call for members has now closed. However, from time to time spots do open up. If you are interested in learning more about TRCA's watershed committees, or would like to inquire about becoming a member of either the Don Watershed Regeneration Council, The Humber Watershed Alliance, or the Etobicoke-Mimico Watersheds Coalition, please refer to the contact information below to contact the appropriate watershed representative.
Submission instructions are available at the bottom of each application. Please select the candidate application that is most applicable to you.
WATERSHED COMMITTEES TERMS OF REFERENCE
For more information relating to the Watershed Committees, please review the terms of reference for the Watershed Committee you are interested in applying for. These Terms of Referece were approved by TRCA at the Authority Meeting held on November 30th, 2012.
- DON WATERSHED REGENERATION COUNCIL (DWRC)
- HUMBER WATERSHED ALLIANCE (HWA)
- ETOBICOKE-MIMICO WATERSHEDS COALITION (EMC)
For additional information, or if you have any questions relating to the Watershed Committees or the application process, please contact the appropriate representative below.
Don Watershed Regeneration Council
Arlen Leeming - email@example.com
Humber Watershed Alliance
Sonia Dhir - firstname.lastname@example.org
Etobicoke-Mimico Creeks Watersheds Coalition
Vince D'Elia - email@example.com