Since 2003, the Mayors’ Megawatt Challenge program has been bringing together leading municipalities to achieve exceptional levels of energy and environmental performance in municipal facilities. In 2011 the program went national with the Town Hall Challenge. The results showed that a target of 20 ekWh / ft2/ year is attainable, and member municipalities were challenged to reach this target of 20 by 2015. The Town Hall Challenge will wrap-up in 2016 with winners being announced in the Spring and awards presented at the annual Forum in November. Members will then work towards or maintain this target of 20 ekWh / ft2/ year going forward. Community Centres were explored in 2015, and the Community Centre Challenge will be officially launched, and a White Paper released, in 2016.
MMC 2016 Program and Event Schedule
MMC 2016 Program And Event Schedule - Click Here
MMC Webinar - Wed, May 4th
Achieving Exceptional Energy Performance in Community Centres – The Community Centre Challenge White Paper
We will bring together various municipal, energy and industry experts to develop the metrics and adjustment factors for the Community Centre Challenge White Paper (to be released later in 2016). We will also announce the winner of the Town Hall Challenge 20 by ‘15 and present the 2015 Energy Performance Achievement Awards for Town/City Halls, focusing on their experience and best practices.
Non-members: the cost to attend is $50 per person. Please pre-register and arrange payment with Gemma Stott, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wed, Feb 3
Wed, May 4
Wed, Sep 14
Wed, Nov 9th
The Forum will run from 8:30amto 4:00pm, and will be held at Black Creek Pioneer Village, 1000 Murray Ross Parkway, Toronto, Ontario. MAP
MMC's Performance Measured Energy Management
Electrical energy everywhere is projected to rise astronomically in the next few years. True municipal sustainability will mean dramatically reducing your energy needs.
The performance-based, data-centered approach of the Mayors' Megawatt Challenge is the 21st century solution for achieving real savings.
The best benchmarking tool in Canada, with extensive, peer-reviewed normalization of building differences.
Comparison of "apples to apples."
No other benchmarking tool can compete.
MMC tools and collaborative approach allows YOU to take control of your facilities using data-driven, performance-based methods.
Know your building.
Take control of your contractors and service suppliers.
Join MMC today by emailing email@example.com
The Mayors' Megawatt Challenge
The MMC provides you with the ability to assess your benchmarked data at the systems level, empowering you with the knowledge necessary to:
- guide and assess contractors and ESCO's,
- target significant operational savings
- construct a viable and practical energy management plan
Joining the Mayors' Megawatt Challenge will enable you to:
Benchmark and monitor your Town/City Hall, Community Centres and other facilities
- Identify your savings potential and determine where these savings can be found, using your data as your primary diagnostic tool
- Receive guidance on operational improvements and capital projects
- Participate in webinars focused on:
- working towards or maintaining a target of 20 ekWh / ft2/ year in Town/City Hall
- progress with the Community Centre Challenge
- Learn what other municipalities across Canada are doing through case studies of top-performing facilities and information sharing
- Access MMC tools and best practices to achieve deep reductions in energy and water use and greenhouse gas emissions
- Network with your peers and industry experts through regular interactive webinars and email exchange
- Qualify for MMC Awards including the Energy Performance Achievement Award for Town/City Halls and the 10% Awards
2016 is the year to join the Mayors' Megawatt Challenge!
With Regulation 397/11 coming to focus, and near universal municipal fiscal constraints, there is no better time for your municipality to join the Mayors’ Challenge.
Mayors' Challenge Members are the municipal leaders in energy conservation in Canada. The Mayors' Challenge is your door to leadership in benchmarking, online energy tracking, information sharing and energy conservation innovation.
To join, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for the program please download and complete this MMC Registration Form 2016
Bernie McIntyre, B.Sc., MSc.
Senior Manager, Community Transformation