Humber Watershed Alliance
The Alliance is a volunteer task force comprised of residents and representatives from community groups, schools, municipalities, government agencies and elected officials.
Much has been achieved over the last several years, including:
- Designation of the Humber as a Canadian Heritage River;
- An illustrative publication of a coffee table book to celebrate the Canadian Heritage Rivers designation;
- Publication of "Crossing the Humber"- a Heritage Bridge Inventory;
- Development of Report Cards which examine the health of the Humber River watershed;
- Development of urban agricultural initiatives on TRCA lands;
- Construction of fishways to restore migratory fish populations;
- Construction of pedestrian trails and bridges;
- Habitat restoration including reforestation and wetland creation;
- Community events to celebrate accomplishments and acknowledge partners;
- Heritage appreciation through hikes, monuments and building restoration; and
- Promotional materials such as brochures, posters and e-bulletins.
Membership in the Alliance
Join the Humber Watershed Alliance and make a difference! This is an opportunity to connect with others, learn more about environmental work and share your knowledge, experience and skills.
For more information about the Humber Watershed Alliance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, the Humber Watershed Alliance has many active subcommittees dedicated to implementing the Humber River Watershed Plan. These subcommittees are open to the public and rely on the efforts of volunteers. Please join us!