Kortright School Programs
For more than three decades, the Kortright Centre for Conservation has been providing quality, hands-on environmental education to students outside the classroom. This year, bring your class to the Kortright Centre, where our suite of environmental education programs continues to grow and evolve to include topical, curriculum- linked lessons that feature some of the most innovative technologies in Canada.
Use the Program Search To find a program that’s just right for your group!
- Programs focus on learning through direct observation and participation in outdoor activities that will allow students to discover fascinating facts about the plant and wildlife populations and their interactions within these ecosystems.
- The Kortright Centre also has one of Canada's largest renewable energy demonstrations. This is an ideal setting for teaching students about alternative energy; solar thermal, photovoltaic (solar electric), wind and biomass.
- Each topic emphasizes the individual's role and responsibility in maintaining a healthy environment through sustainable living practices.
- All programs are designed to meet curriculum expectations at the grade levels specified, and are presented by experienced professional instructors.
- We are pleased to offer 1 complimentary admission to teachers and supervisors for every 10 participating students.
- All programs must be booked in advance.
- Programs are 1-1/2 to 2 hours long and may be booked in the morning anytime between 9:30 am and 12 noon, or in the afternoon anytime between 12:30 and 3:00 pm.
- These times may be adjusted slightly to accommodate your traveling arrangements.
- Please note that most Kortright programs can be adapted for Special Needs groups.
- For more details about programs at Kortright Centre, planning tips, and registration information please call 416-667-6295, then select 3 (Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Kortright Centre School Elementary Programs
- School Programs: K - 8 Environmental Education Programs
- Curriculum Strands for Science and Technology
- Curriculum Strands for Social Studies, Arts and Mathematics
Kortright Centre Secondary School Programs