Mill Pond Splash
Mill Pond Splash is a lively, family oriented event showcasing environmental conservation and our natural heritage. With wildlife displays, live music, tree and shrub planting, stream sampling, and environmental displays - there's lots to see and do!
Bring the whole family to the 16th annual Mill Pond Splash Eco Festival on Sunday June 1, 2014!
Visitors will participate in a wide range of free environmental education and engagement activities, including:
- Run, roll, laugh, and play as you learn about the watershed through children's games and activities
- Take part in the 'Amazing Eco-Race' and tree scavenger hunt
- Come face to face with mammals, reptiles, and birds of prey from Ontario
- Dig in! Plant a tree, pull an invasive species, and help protect Mill Pond Park's natural heritage
- Visit environmental groups and discover how to get involved in stewardship projects in your community
- Go on guided nature walks and learn cool facts about the natural environment
- Sample the stream
- Decorate a toad abode and take it home
- Paint nature scenes around the park
- And much more!
When: Sunday June 1, 2014, 12:00 noon - 4:30 pm
Where: Mill Pond Park, Richmond Hill
Parking is available in the lot opposite York Central Hospital, on Trench Street.
For more information, please contact Michael Charendoff at
416-661-6600 ext. 5280, firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you at the 16th annual
Mill Pond Splash!
For pictures of Mill Pond Splash 2013, click here.