Did you Know?
Terms of Reference for the Executive Committee
The Authority delegates the following powers to the Executive Committee:
- to enter into contracts or agreements which are not for the acquisition or disposition of land but which are either necessarily incidental to a project approved pursuant to the Act or necessarily incidental to the works approved by the Authority;
- to accept such tenders and to award contracts as described in subparagraph 2.1 in accordance with the specific monetary limits set by the Authority and in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the Authority;
- to ensure that policies and practices are in place for the authorization of payments of accounts within the approved TRCA budget in accordance with any monetary or other limits set by the Authority;
- to authorize the purchase of goods, equipment or services necessary for carrying on the work of TRCA within the approved TRCA budget in accordance with any monetary or other limits set by the Authority;
- to employ staff of TRCA as required, except for the staff referred to in Clauses 2.6.1, 2.6.2 and 2.6.3 of subparagraph 2.6 of this paragraph, subject to compliance with the limits to the number and to the salary and wage schedules established and approved by the Authority;
- to terminate the services of the staff of TRCA except for,
- the Chief Administrative Officer,
- the Secretary-Treasurer,
- such other senior staff as the Authority may designate;
- to direct the staff of TRCA;
- to recommend and report to the Authority on all matters not within the jurisdiction of an advisory board or which may be assigned to it by the Authority;
- to instruct legal counsel;
- to exercise such additional powers, excluding those powers set out in Clause (d) of Subsection (1) of Section 30 of the Act, as may be assigned to it by the Authority during the months of July and August provided that a report be given to the Authority for receipt at the first meeting of the Authority thereafter;
- to grant or refuse permission, and to hold hearings to which the applicant shall be a party before refusing such permission, for the doing of those things within the area under the jurisdiction of TRCA which are set out in Section 28 of the Act, all as provided for in the said Section 28 of the Act; and,
- to authorize the investment of money not required immediately by TRCA:
- in treasury bills, bonds, debentures or other evidences of indebtedness of or guaranteed by the Government of Canada or the Province of Ontario; and
- in term deposits, investment certificates, debentures or any other evidences of indebtedness of any chartered bank, financial institution or corporation in accordance with the policies established by the Authority.
- the Executive Committee may appoint sub-committees from among the members of the Authority to study, consider and report back to the Executive Committee on any subject over which the Executive Committee has jurisdiction.
Terms of Reference for the Budget/Audit Advisory Board
To review and make recommendations to the Authority on all matters relating to Toronto and Region Conservation Authority's financial policies and performance.
Without restricting the foregoing, the specific Terms of Reference shall include review and recommendations about:
- Preliminary estimates;
- Budget guidelines;
- Annual and multi-year business plans;
- Annual financial statements;
- Role as the TRCA Audit Committee;
- Financial procedures; and
- TRCA financial policy documents relating to, but not limited to, the above.